Our Buddha rating system has been created to give our guest a choice. We want to be able to offer yoga retreats and yoga holidays to everyone and so we have taken into consideration what you get for your money and the price of the retreat will reflect the type of accommodation and what is included in the price. So if you are feeling flush, try our Gold Buddha Rating but if you are feeling the need to get away but are on a budget then try our Bronze Buddha Rating. The quality of the food, yoga and helpful AY staff never changes on our retreats or holidays.
Gold Buddha rating = Feeling flush and up for some pampering
These venues will be:
1.Beautifully restored old houses/refurbished to high spec houses/farmhouses/stables/stately homes
2. Beds of high quality comfort
3. High quality linen, Egyptian cotton, organic and/or ethical
4. En-suite bathrooms for 80% of the rooms in the property (except Oxford)
5. Bath Robes and Egyptian cotton towels
6. House keeper service for fires/anything we need
7. 30 minute massage included in the price
8. Double rooms for single occupancy or share a double bed and get £50 off, or spacious twin rooms
9. Free products from Ayurveda Pura in 2014.
Price: from £445 – £625 (single occupancy) for 3 nights
Silver Buddha rating = Got some money to spend
1. A choice of twin and double rooms for single occupancy or share with friend and get £50 off.
2. Shared and en-suite bathrooms
3. Good quality beds and linen
4. Towels provided
5. 30 minute massage included*
6. Beautiful accommodations, /farmhouses/stables/stately homes
7. Free products from Ayurveda Pura in 2014.
* except for holidays that aren’t run by AY but the yoga teachers
Price: 2 nights
Price: £345 -£445 for a 3 night retreat depending on room type
Bronze Buddha Rating = affordable for the lower budget
1. Room types from single, twin, double, triple, quads, quintets or dorms, BYO tent
2. Bring your own towels
3. Some venues BYO linen
4. No massage included
5. Karma yogi approach to weekend eg all help with meals making and clearing up.
6. Simple accommodations, comfortable but not luxuriously finished
7. BYO tent or bell tents
Price: £195 – £365pp depending on room type for a 3 day retreat
These are guidelines for you to base whay you are spending what at each venue and to help you understand why one retreat may be over £400 and the other below £300 for a 3 day retreat. These guidelines are not 100% correct for all venues, as all venues have their own individual features and quirkiness that makes it difficult to categorise them exactly to our descriptions.