AlpineYogi France FAQs
La Ferme, La Rosiere
The rooms have been recently refurbished to a luxurious standard and have an en-suite bathroom
Deluxe twin/double with en-suite bathroom £745pp
Standard twin room with shared bathroom £695pp
Bunk room with shared bathroom £595pp (you have to be short though!)
A twin room is 2 single beds for 2 people sharing a room. The price is always based on two people sharing a room.
Single supplements are available for an extra 60% per person if you would like a room to yourself.
All bespoke treatments are extra
What’s included in the price
- Seven nights chalet accommodation in luxury chalet with en-suite bathrooms
- 2 x 1.5hr daily yoga classes – enjoy full emersion of your yoga practice over the week (with one day off mid week to rest)
- Delicious brunch after yoga – with granola, eggs, juices and fruit
- Gourmet vegetarian evening feast and organic wine 6 nights (Wednesday is chef’s night off!)
- Experienced and friendly AdventureYogi hosts to look after your every need
- Initial hike on the first day with packed lunch and local guide
- Massage workshop to learn the tricks of the trade!
- Fantastic hot tub to soothe aching muscles
- FREE treatment if you go by train: Holistic/Sports/Indian head/Thai foot massage/aromatherapy/facials
What’s not included in the price
- Flights and insurance
- Afternoon activities. We will send you more info on activities closer to the time and then tailor the week to the groups desires for a bespoke package.
- Extra massage. It is E35 for 1/2 an hour and E60 for 1 hour.
- Lunches. If there is a staying in the chalet day it is E10pp for lunch
- Day trip. If we go to Les arcs or Val D’Isere for a day this is extra.
8am – wake up with hot water and lemon
8.30 – 10am – Morning yoga practice
10.00am – Brunch served
11pm-5pm - Time for activities – walking, hiking, climbing or just relaxing in the farmhouse/massage treatments
6pm – 7.30pm – Evening yoga practice
7.45pm – Dinner
How to get there
There are 2 options on getting to us in La Rosiere, by plane or train (or automobile)
We highly recommend the train because of many reasons:
1. If you take the night train, you travel in serious comfort and arrive in the morning, well-rested and gain a whole extra day on your holiday.
2. The train is a mere 20 minutes drive from the chalet so there is a free transfer service normally costing £20 each way.
3. Because you have made efforts to be green, we reward you with a 1 hour FREE massage treatment worth E65. If you fly, there is a 2 – 3 hour transfer time from Geneva airport to our chalet and it costs £20 each way.
4. If you travel by train, you save £40 on transfer costs and massage costs so the price ends up being about the same for half the hassle.
Train options 2013
Rail Europe don’t release train tickets until 3 months prior to travel. Please look at the options below and book the recommended train times for your transfer.
OUT Arrival Friday 9th August 2013
Departs London St Pancras 19.01 arrive Paris Nord 22.17 9th August
Departs Paris Austerlitz 23.12 arrives Bourg St Maurice 07.49 on Friday 9th August.
London St Pancras – Paris Nord: 08.31am arrives Paris 11.47am
Paris Gare de Lyon – Chambery: Departs 12.45pm arrives Chambery 15.35
Chambery – Bourg St Maurice: Departs 16.03 arrives BSM 17.43
Return overnight has sold out and so the daytime is the only option…look below
RETURN 7 night holiday returning on Friday 16th 2013
Bourg St Maurice – Paris : Departs 06.18 arrives Chambery 07.58am
Chambery – Paris : Departs 08.25m arrives Paris Gare de Lyon 11.15am
Spend the afternoon in Paris? If not, then book the next available train which is:
Paris Gare du Nord – London St Pancras: Departs 13.13pm arrives St Pancras 14.39pm.
Currently return train fares are about £160pp (last updated 17th June 2013)
Please call Rail Europe to find out more info on 08448 484 064 or check their website www.raileurope.co.uk
Plane options: From 2013 timetable:
Flights from Friday 9th – Friday 16th August 2013: 7 night stay
Departs 9th August 11.55am arrives Geneva 14.30
Return 16th August 15.50 arrives London Gatwick 16.20
Bristol – Geneva
Departs 9th August 10.00am arrives Geneva 12.40pm
Return 16th August 13.15 arrives Bristol 13.55
Our transfer times for arrivals from Geneva are between 13.00 – 15.00 on the 9th August so try and arrange your flight to arrive between these times.
Transfer times for departures from Geneva are departing the chalet from 8am to arrive Geneva at 11am so please make sure your flight departs from 13.00 onwards to time with arriving at the airport at 11am.
There is a transfer fee of £20pp each way and it will take 3 hours.
Activities on offer
There are plenty of activities on offer, from a gentle stroll to organised hike, mountain biking to parapenting or white water rafting. Below is a list of activities on offer, let us know which ones you are interested in and if it is available we will book you in.
- Optional 2-3 hikes throughout the week with a guide and packed lunch. Taking you to glacial lakes for wild swimming, waterfalls and stunning views of snow capped Mont Blanc. E20/E30 for the day
- Bike hire with a guide or not, it’s up to you* White water rafting. We can organise this and take you to the right place!
- Relaxing massage on the days off of adventure to relax and soothe
- There is an Olympic sized pool in Bourg St Maurice that we can arrange lifts to get to
More info is sent out before the holiday starts with an itinery so that you can choose what you would like to do.