AlpineYogi France FAQs
La Ferme, La Rosiere
All your questions answered:
The rooms have been recently refurbished to a luxurious standard and have an en-suite bathroom
Deluxe twin/double with en-suite bathroom £745pp
Standard twin room with shared bathroom £695pp
Bunk room with shared bathroom £595pp (you have to be short though!)
A twin room is 2 single beds for 2 people sharing a room. The price is always based on two people sharing a room.
Single supplements are available for an extra 60% per person if you would like a room to yourself.
All bespoke treatments are extra
What’s included in the price
- Seven nights chalet accommodation
- 2 x 1.5hr daily yoga classes – enjoy full emersion of your yoga practice over the week (with one day off mid week to rest)
- Delicious brunch after yoga – with homemade granola, eggs, juices and fruit
- Gourmet vegetarian evening feast and organic wine 6 nights (Wednesday is chef’s night off!)
- Experienced and friendly AdventureYogi hosts to look after your every need
- In resort transfers to mountain activities
- Initial hike on the first day with packed lunch and local guide
- FREE treatment if you go by train: Holistic/Sports/Indian head/Thai foot massage/aromatherapy/facials
What’s not included in the price
- Flights and insurance
- Afternoon activities. We will send you more info on activities closer to the time and then tailor the week to the groups desires for a bespoke package.
- Extra massage. It is E30 for 1/2 an hour and E50 for 1 hour.
- Lunches. If there is a staying in the chalet day it is E10pp for lunch
- Day trip. If we go to Les arcs or Val D’Isere for a day this is extra.
The Daily Schedule
8am – wake up with hot water and lemon
8.30 – 10am – Morning yoga practice
10.00am – Brunch served
11pm-5pm - Time for activities – walking, hiking, climbing or just relaxing in the farmhouse/massage treatments
6pm – 7.30pm – Evening yoga practice
7.45pm – Dinner
How to get there
There are 2 options on getting to us in La Rosiere, by plane or train (or automobile
We highly recommend the train because of many reasons:
- 1. If you take the night train, you travel in serious comfort and arrive in the morning, well-rested and gain a whole extra day on your holiday.
- 2. The train is a mere 20 minutes drive from the chalet so there is a free transfer service normally costing £25 each way.
- 3. Because you have made efforts to be green, we reward you with a 1 hour FREE massage treatment worth £50. If you fly, there is a 2 – 3 hour transfer time from Geneva airport to our chalet and it costs £25 each way.4. If you travel by train, you save £50 on transfer costs and massage costs so the price ends up being about the same for half the hassle.
Train options 2012
Rail Europe don’t release train tickets until 3 months prior to travel. Please look at the options below and book the recommended train times for your transfer.
OUTArrival Friday 17th August 2012, or arrival Friday 24th August (for 3 night stay)
- London St Pancras – Paris :
- Departs 17.31 arrives Paris 20.47
London St Pancras – Paris : Departs 7.54am Arrives Paris 11.17am
Paris- Chambery : Departs 12.45pm arrives Chambery 15.35
Chambery – Bourg : Departs 16.05 arrives Bourg 17.43
RETURN 7 or 10 day retreat departing on Friday 24th or Monday 27th August 2012
Bourg St Maurice – Paris : Departs 06.18 arrives Paris 11.15am
Paris – London St Pancras : Departs 14.43pm arrives London 16.00pm.
Bourg St Maurice – Paris : Departs 21.08 arrives Paris 6.18am
Paris – London St Pancras : Departs 8.43am arrives London 10.00am.
Please call Rail Europe to find out more info on 08448 484 064 or check their website www.raileurope.co.uk
Plane options: From 2012 timetable:
Flights from Friday 17th – Monday 27th August 2012: 10 day stay
London Gatwick – Geneva
- Departs 17th August 8.15am arrives Geneva 10.50
- Return 27th August 15.50 arrives London Gatwick 16.20
Bristol – Geneva
Departs 17th August 10.00am arrives Geneva 12.40pm
Return 27th August 13.15 arrives Bristol 14.00.
Our transfer times for arrivals from Geneva are between 11pm – 13.30 on the 17th August so try and arrange your flight to arrive between these times.
Transfer times for departures from Geneva are departing the chalet from 8am to arrive Geneva at 11am so please make sure your flight departs from 13.00 onwards to time with arriving at the airport at 11am.
There is a transfer fee of £25pp each way and it will take 3 hours.
Flights from Friday 17th – Friday 24th August 2012: 1 week stay
London Gatwick – Geneva
Departs 17th August 8.15am arrives Geneva 10.50
Return 24th August 15.50 arrives London Gatwick 16.20
Bristol – Geneva
Departs 27th August 10.00am arrives Geneva 12.40pm
Return 24th August 13.15 arrives Bristol 14.00.
Activities on offer
There are plenty of activities on offer, from a gentle stroll to organised hike, downhill mountain biking to parapenting, white water rafting or horse riding. Below is a list of activities on offer, let us know which ones you are interested in and if it is available we will book you in.
- Marmottes, chamois, edelweiss, villages, lakes…Whether you are an experienced trekker or just out for a stroll, La Rosière invites you to discover the beauty of the landscape on the French-Italian border, thanks to a system of 85 km marked pathways.
- To help you choose your walks for your capabilities, booklets with all information you need are available, including: Balades et Randonnée autour de La Rosière” : on sale at the Tourist Office and “Carte de randonnée IGN TOP25 n° 3532 ET” : on sale at the shops.
- From family strolls to several day treks, from nordic walking to alpinism… All types of walks with different themes are proposed each week by the mountain guides in La Rosière to show you the mountains in complete safety.
- Access to the “Roches Noires” chairlift, on foot or mountain bikes
- Golf OR guided visit of the resort
- A gym class at the “Espace Forme” fitness centre
- A choice of (rambling, mountain biking, poney trekking, rock climbing, etc…)
Between the High Tarentaise valley and the Aosta valley in Italy take a bike ride through some fantastic scenery… Through charming mountain villages and high mountain passes, all part of the marked tracks on the La Rosière site
There are 110 km of marked mountain bike tracks and 14 circuits :
3 greens – 2 blues – 4 reds – 5 blacks.
The fully equipped natural rock face is 5 kms from la Rosière at Chatelard. It cosists of 16 different routes from a difficulty of 4a to 6a. Classes for beginners or experienced alike. Equipment supplied.
If you dream of silence and freedom like Icarus, take advantage of a tandem flight with a fully qualified instructor and birds…
Rafting, swimming in white water, kayak-raft, hot-dog…
For you to choose the way you go down the river rapids, through gorges of the Haute Isère river. An out of resort activity.
Try a different kind of introduction to horse-riding… and a different way of enjoying the mountains. For the young and not-so-young, beginners or experienced riders: come and share our love of horses and ponies. Lessons or treks to suit your age and experience
Unlimited access to the “Roches Noires” chairlift and 4 activities to discover, all for 29 euros for the week!!
For 29 € per week the “Carte Découverte” includes :
This card is valid for 1 week and is available from the Tourist Office and many of the shops and hotels in the resort.
Guided local history trips
The local history guides of the Savoie are waiting to share their knowledge of local history during the Summer with varying guided visits.
Half day visits
Mountain farming and local products, traditional villages, beauty spots…
Nature and local history weeks
The Petit-Saint-Bernard pass, villages and architecture, museum.
The Vanoise and local history weeks
The Vanoise National Park and the particularities of the Haute Tarentaise Valley.
Also available : the local history pass, for an unlimited access to all the guided visits planned during the Summer