SnowYogi France FAQs
All your questions answered:
The rooms & prices:
- One deluxe double with en-suite shower : £795pp
- One deluxe twin with en-suite shower: £795pp
- Two standard double/twins with shared bathroom with bath: £745pp
- Triple room (3 single beds) and shared bathroom with 1 other room £650pp
- Triple room (with 1 double & a bunk bed) very spacious with en-suite bathroom with shower & bath with Jacuzzi: £745pp/£795pp
Early bird discount of 5% if booked 12 weeks prior to the holiday
Single supplement 40% additional charge
What is included in the price?
- Accommodation: Seven nights cosy chalet accommodation
- Yoga: x2 yoga classes a day over 6 days
- Breakfasts: Delicious brunch after yoga – with granola, delicious local breads and croissants, eggs, juices and fruit
- Dinners: Gourmet vegetarian evening feast and organic wine 6 nights (Wednesday is chef’s night off!)
- Hosts: Experienced and friendly AdventureYogi hosts to look after your every need
- Mountain guides: Will be on hand to take you all out 3 times over the week to get to know the resort and the AdventureYogi team will keep you company the rest of the time!
- Transport: In resort transfers to mountain activities
- Transfers: We’ll pick you up and drop you off at Geneva airport, however, there is a green tax for flying of £30pp and we donate this to our charity Sustrans: The UK Cycle Network. If you come by snow train then we pick you up for free and it is only 20 minutes from the chalet! The train station is Bourg-st-Maurice.
- Treatments: All treatments are extra but if you come by train, you get a free treatment upon arrival! Choose from a holistic, sports, Indian head and Thai foot massage or a post train facial
Note: This price is based on a week’s holiday with two people sharing a room. Single supplements are available for an extra 40% per person.
We welcome Individuals or groups but to keep things comfortable, the maximum group size is 14
What is NOT included in the price
* Flights * Transfers are included from the airport but there is a £30 green tax that we donate to our charity Sustrans * Ski pass * Ski/board hire * Ski/board lessons desired * Insurance
What is the daily schedule
- 7.15am – yoga to warm muscles and awaken the mind
- 8.15am – energy filled breakfast
- 8.45am sharp! – lift up to the slopes for early birds and ski lessons
- 9.30am – lift to the slopes for relaxed snowyogis!
- 9.30am – 5pm – on the mountain all day. Lessons/guiding pre-arranged if desired
- 5pm – pick up from mountains at prearrange place
- 5pm-6.30pm - relax, afternoon tea and holistic treatments
- 6.30pm – 8pm - yoga to unwind and warm down achy muscles
- 8pm – 3 course health fortifying evening meal with organic wines
- 10pm - bedtime!
How to get there
There are 2 options on getting to us in La Rosiere, by plane or train (or automobile
We highly recommend the train to Bourg-St-Maurice for many reasons:
- 1. If you take the snow train, you travel in serious comfort and arrive in the morning, well-rested and gain a whole extra day of skiing. For more info go to snowcarbon.
- 2. Or if you don’t want to sleep on board you can travel by day and arrive on Saturday afternoon well rested and not having been stuck on busy mountain roads! For more info go to snowcarbon (final stop will be Bourg-St-Maurice)
- 3. The train station in Bourg-St-Maurice is a mere 20 minutes drive from the chalet so there is a free transfer service but if you fly we add on a “green tax” of £30pp which goes to our Charity Sustrans: The UK cycle network.
- 4. Because you have made efforts to be green, we reward you with a 1 hour FREE massage treatment worth E70
- 5. If you travel by train there is no green tax!
- 6. If you fly, there is a 2 – 3 1/2 hour transfer time from Genenva airport to our chalet.
- 7. If you travel by train, we reward you with a goody bag of soaps and bubble baths to soothe your travelled body to say thankyou for being green, worth £30.
- 8. If you travel by train, you save £30 on transfer costs and E70 on massage costs so the price ends up being about the same for half the hassle! Plus the goody bag worth £30, being green made easy!
The transfer airport is Geneva. We pick people up between 12pm – 2pm from Geneva. This will schedule us to get back to the chalet around 6pm. Please don’t book your flight to arrive after 3pm otherwise you will have to sort out your own transfer which is very costly to La Rosiere.
For outbound flights on Saturday 18th we recommend:
- Bristol 10.55am flight to Geneva with easyjet
- London Gatwick 11.40am flight to Geneva with easyjet
- London Luton 10.20am flight to Geneva with easyjet
If none of these suit your needs then British Airways also fly to Geneva.
The transfer times for your inbound flights are for anytime after 2pm on Saturday as we aim to get you all to the airport at 12pm in time to pick up the next group. Again there are many on offer.
For inbound flights on Saturday 18th we recommend:
- Geneva 16.10pm flight to Bristol with easyjet
- Geneva 15.00 pm flight to London Gatwick with easyjet
- Geneva 14.55 pm flight to London Luton with easyjet
If none of these suit your needs then British Airways also fly to Geneva.
How much does a ski pass cost?
These are not included in the price, but we get them for you and cost the following:
Adult 6 days: €186 and Adult 7 days: €208 8 days: € 230 (if you are coming by train you need the 7 or 8 day pass)
We recommend the the pass that allows you ski the whole area of La Rosiere and over into Italy into the ski area of La Thuille. However if you are a very experienced skier you might want to explore the whole region and do say 3 days in La Rosiere/La Thuille, a couple of days in St Foy (20mins in car), A day in Les Arcs (20mins to chair lift which takes you up into that area) or even a couple of days in Val D’Isere or Tignes (30 mins in a car). The options are infinite!
For more information on the ski area and the different passes available please click here
I want to have ski lessons, is this possible?
Our friend Christophe and his family run Evolution 2 in La Rosiere. We can organise everything from beginners lessons to improvers to off piste lessons, from group lessons to individual ones. He is so friendly and always bends over backwards to accommodate all the varying needs of our clients.
So if you are interested, please peruse their website at your leisure and let us know of your requirements.
We also have a fabulous private teacher for those of you who are advanced and want to go out on your own or in a small group for an afternoon or two.
I don’t have my own kit, can I hire it?
Of course! We will organise all of this in advance for you. All you will need to let us know is your shoe size, height, weight and ski level and we will prebook for you. At Evolution 2, they have lots to top quality equipment to choose from, so you won’t be disappointed with their choice. Then on the first afternoon/early evening we will take you up to try it on so that you are ready to go on Sunday morning for your first ski/board.
And please note, for those of you who have your own kit that there is very safe locking up boot room in the chalet so your kit will be safe. All you have to do is remember to get extra sports baggage when you book your flight!
Do you take us guiding?
We have the help of Conor, the owner of the chalets who also knows the mountains extremely well to take off a more intermediate group for 2 days in the week. You must be a competent skier or snowboarder and you go with him at your own risk. If you want lessons or a back country guide, this can be arranged with Evolution 2. Our groups naturally split into smaller groups depending on standard. So please don’t worry, everyone will be skiing or snowboarding in their comfort zone and with others if they are not having lessons.