SnowYogi France FAQs
The rooms & prices:
- One deluxe double with en-suite shower : £795pp
- One deluxe twin with en-suite shower: £795pp
- Two standard double/twins with shared bathroom with bath: £745pp
- Triple room (3 single beds) and shared bathroom with 1 other room £650pp
- Triple room (with 1 double & a bunk bed) very spacious with en-suite bathroom with shower & bath with Jacuzzi: £695pp for bunk bed and £745pp for the double bed
Early bird discount of 5% if booked 12 weeks prior to the holiday.
Single supplement 40% additional charge
What is included in the price?
- Accommodation: Seven nights cosy chalet accommodation
- Yoga: x2 yoga classes a day over 6 days, 1 hour in the morning and 1.15hrs in the evening
- Breakfasts: Delicious brunch after yoga – with granola, delicious local breads and croissants, eggs, juices and fruit
- Dinners: Gourmet vegetarian evening feast and local wines 6 nights (Thursday is chef’s night off!)
- Hosts: Experienced and friendly AdventureYogi hosts to look after your every need
- Mountain guides: We will be on hand to take you out 2 times over the week for orientation in La Rosiere and La Thuile to get to know the resort.
- Transport: In resort transfers to mountain activities
- Transfers: We’ll pick you up and drop you off at Geneva airport, however, there is a green tax for flying of £20pp and we donate this to our charity Sustrans: The UK Cycle Network. If you come by snow train then we pick you up for free and it is only 20 minutes from the chalet! The train station is Bourg-st-Maurice.
- Treatments: All treatments are extra but if you come by train, you get a free 1/2 an hour massage treatment.
Note: This price is based on a week’s holiday with two people sharing a room. Single supplements are available for an extra 40% per person.
We welcome Individuals or groups but to keep things comfortable, the maximum group size is 14
What is NOT included in the price
* Flights * Transfers are included from the airport but there is a £20 fee that we donate to our charity Sustrans * Ski pass * Ski/board hire * Ski/board lessons desired * Insurance
What is the daily schedule
- 7.15am – yoga to warm muscles and awaken the mind
- 8.15am – energy filled breakfast
- 8.45am sharp! – lift up to the slopes for early birds and ski lessons
- 9.30am – lift to the slopes for relaxed snowyogis!
- 9.30am – 5pm – on the mountain all day. Lessons/guiding pre-arranged if desired
- 5pm – pick up from mountains at prearrange place
- 5pm-6.30pm - relax, afternoon tea and holistic treatments
- 6.30pm – 7.45pm - yoga to unwind and warm down achy muscles
- 8pm – 3 course wholesome and filling vegetarian evening meal with local wines
- 10pm - bedtime!
How to get there
There are 2 options on getting to us in La Rosiere, by plane or train:
We highly recommend the train to Bourg-St-Maurice for many reasons:
- 1. Travel comfortably and leisurely by train on Sunday daytime, arrive in BSM in time for evening yoga to stretch out and a delicious veggie feast to energise you refor a day on the mountain. For more info go to snowcarbon (final stop will be Bourg-St-Maurice)
- 3. The train station in Bourg-St-Maurice is a mere 20 minutes drive from the chalet so there is a free transfer service but if you fly we add on a “green tax” of £20pp which goes to our Charity Sustrans: The UK cycle network.
- 4. Because you have made efforts to be green, we reward you with a 1/2 an hour FREE massage treatment worth E40
- 5. If you travel by train there is no green tax!
- 6. If you fly, there is a 2 – 3 1/2 hour transfer time from Genenva airport to our chalet.
- 7. If you travel by train, we reward you with a goody bag of soaps and bubble baths to soothe your traveled body to say thank you for being green, worth £20.
- 8. If you travel by train, you save £20 on transfer costs and E40 on massage costs so the price ends up being about the same for half the hassle! Plus the goody bag worth £20, being green made easy!
The transfer airport is Geneva or Chambery. Please arrange your flights to correspond with these transfer times below:
Arrival transfers: We pick people up between 11.30am – 13.30pm from Geneva. From Chamery between 13.30 and 15.30. This will schedule us to get back to the chalet around 6pm. Please don’t book your flight to arrive after the times stated above otherwise you will have to sort out your own transfer which is very costly to La Rosiere.
Departure transfers: The transfer times for your return flights are for anytime after 13.30pm from Geneva or after 12.30pm from Chambery on the Sunday as we aim to get you all to the airport at 12pm in time to pick up the next group. Again there are many on offer.
How much does a ski pass cost?
These are not included in the price, but we get them for you and cost the following:
Adult 6 days: €186
We recommend the the pass that allows you ski the whole area of La Rosiere and over into Italy into the ski area of La Thuille. However if you are a very experienced skier you might want to explore the whole region and do say 3 days in La Rosiere/La Thuille, a couple of days in St Foy (20mins in car), A day in Les Arcs (20mins to chair lift which takes you up into that area) or even a couple of days in Val D’Isere or Tignes (30 mins in a car). The options are infinite!
For more information on the ski area and the different passes available please click here
I want to have ski lessons, is this possible?
We use the ski school Evolution 2 in La Rosiere. We can organise everything from beginners lessons to improvers to off piste lessons, from group lessons to individual ones.
So if you are interested, please peruse their website at your leisure and let us know of your requirements.
I don’t have my own kit, can I hire it?
Of course! We will organise all of this in advance for you. All you will need to let us know is your shoe size, height, weight and ski level and we will prebook for you. At Evolution 2, they have lots to top quality equipment to choose from, so you won’t be disappointed with their choice. Then on the first afternoon/early evening we will take you up to try it on so that you are ready to go on Sunday morning for your first ski/board.
And please note, for those of you who have your own kit that there is very safe locking up boot room in the chalet so your kit will be safe. All you have to do is remember to get extra sports baggage when you book your flight!
Do you take us guiding?
We offer 2 orientation days to get you started and to get your bearings. You must be a competent skier or snowboarder and you join in at your own risk. If you want lessons or a back country guide, this can be arranged with Evolution 2. Our groups naturally split into smaller groups depending on standard. So please don’t worry, everyone will be skiing or snowboarding in their comfort zone and with others if they are not having lessons. The whole group generally naturally spilts into different levels and you all form your level ski group for the week, and if there are a few different groups, we make sure we meet up for lunches so no-one feels left out.