Our venue for yoga retreats in Cornwall, near Port Isaac
For an energizing yoga holiday or retreat, try our yoga retreats in Cornwall. Enjoy surfing, kayaking, climbing or walking along the beautiful coastline. Walk to Port Isaac from our yoga retreat and enjoy the sunset over the sea. or surf at Polzeath beach if you are looking for some action.
Venue and local area
Our Cornish yoga retreat is a magical place to relax, restore and re-energise. It’s in a beautiful converted barn overlooking the sea surrounded by the ocean on one side and fields and farmland as far as the eye can see on the other. With no neighbours apart from the local sheep or alpacas, there’s a stillness and beauty to the place that’s quite breathtaking.
In winter it’s a lovely place to cosy-up; make a log fire, read a book or enjoy a brew in the warm country kitchen. In summer, enjoy the open space, warm sea air or watch the breathtaking sunsets over the sea from the comfort of your private terrace.
If you love walking it’s a fantastic place to explore. With a coastal path nearby you can walk in either direction along the cliffs and never come across another soul. We are also close to the cobbled streets and white washed cottages of Port Isaac, a fishing village full of character. We are also only a stone’s throw away from our own private beach and the nearby Estuary.
Come and stay for a weekend, a few days, or the whole week. This cozy coastal retreat has all the comforts of home, just with better views and someone else doing all the cooking. Leave calmer, rejuvenated, and invigorated by the Cornish magic.
For more details or to make a reservation please contact us, we’d love to hear from you.
The retreat offers a range of places to rest your head. This luxurious coastal retreat is beautifully furnished with soft beds, log fires, big squishy sofas, a homely kitchen, fabulous sea views and awe-inspiring sunsets.The yoga space is a large converted barn with beamed ceiling and log burning stove.
Caradoc: A converted barn and main house on the yoga retreat, it has beautifully decorated rooms all with their own bathrooms and stunning views. Couples can bag the privacy of the upstairs suite ,with its super-king-size bed, open kitchen and drawing room with a log burning fire. Caradoc sleeps 8 very comfortably and has 2 living rooms and a large cosy country kitchen
Julian’s House: Sleeps four people in one double and one twin which share a bathroom. It is separate to Caradoc and has it’s own private kitchen and living room with wood burner for balmy nights
Pods: Perfect for the camper who loves the outdoors but doesn’t fancy a tent. Designed to fit within their surroundings each pod is insulated with sheep’s wool making them super-cosy. Each pod has its own decking which makes it perfect for gazing up at the starry skies with the sound of the sea beating against the rocks providing natural background music.
Prices September 16th – 19th 2016
Off peak summer price in the barn: £395pp for 3 nights!
In shared twin accommodation each room with own bathroom
In the Pods:
£395 for 1 in a pod 3 night stay
£295pp for 2 people sharing a pod for 3 nights
* Price is based on two people sharing a room. All options subject to availability.
* Price includes linen for the pods.
* Single supplements are available for an extra 50% per person.
* All bespoke treatments and activities are extra.
8am – Silent meditation walk to the beach
8.30 – 10am – Morning yoga practice
10.15am – Brunch served
11.am – 6pm – Time for surf or do another activity*, walk, have a treatment, lie on the beach!
6.30pm – 8pm – Evening yoga practice
8pm – Dinner
What the price includes
- 3 nights beautiful barn accommodation in the coastal rural tranquility completely private with no neighbours and only the ocean and the coast in view
- Early morning hot water and lemon or herbal teas with nut snacks to boost energy levels pre yoga
- 3 daily guided silent morning walks to the sunrise to wake up peacefully and slowly
- 3 1.5 hour morning yoga practice which will energise and awaken sleepy bodies and a variety of types of meditation practice to calm the mind
- 3 x delicious and wholesome veggie/vegan inspired breakfasts from one of our expert in house chefs
- light lunch of homemade hearty soup waiting on the hob for when you return after surfing or walking
- an hour’s evening yoga to unwind and calm with restorative practices to soothe aching muscles after a day of surf with meditation and yoga nidra.
- 3 evening meals with a selection of savoury and inspiring dishes plus a wheat, sugar, dairy free dessert
- A 30 minute pampering massage to ease the mind and soothe the soul after a day of surf or walking
- All Yoga equipment and beautiful converted barn separate yoga space
- Courtesy arrangement of taxi’s to and from the venue when booking recommended train times
- Helpful and friendly AY staff to look after your every need to help you feel pampered and looked after
What is NOT included in the price
* Travel to and from the venue. If you come by train you have to pay for a taxi too.
* Travel to and from the beach. We arrange car share between guests.
* Any bespoke extra surf or other activities (coasteering, climbing, kitesurfing, windsurfing, sailing, waterskiing).
* Surf lesson are extra but can be arranged by us for £28 with use of all equipment.
* Extra holistic treatments other than the half an hour free massage. It is £38 for an extra half an hour and £65 for 1 hour.
1 session: 2 hours: £28 for all equipment and surf instructor in a group lesson.
Weekend package: 3 sessions: 2 hours each: £65 for all equipment and surf instructor in a group lesson.
If you are staying for 1 week then go for the developers package: 10 hours of surf tuition spread over a time scale to suit you depending on waves and your energy levels! £105 for 10 hours tuition and all the kit
What to bring?
We provide yoga mats, straps and blocks but if you have your own essential yoga set up then please bring anything you might need, more blocks, bolster, eye bag for example.
* Warm blanket for yoga relaxation and general snugness
* Indoor slippers/shoes to keep feet warm.
* Spare towel for the beach to keep your provided towel for use in the farmhouse
* Waterproofs/walking boots (if you go walking…you never know the weather!)
* Swimming things. Warm clothes for when you get out of the sea.
* A good book.
If staying in pods
If you are glamping it up with us in Cornwall, you may want to bring some of your own camping luxury items to make your stay as comfy as possible. electric lamps, a gas heater, hot water bottles and blankets in case of cold can be provided. Linen is included. Other things to bring are:
* Torch as the pods are away from the house so it can get very dark
* kettle if you wish to have tea at your weekend home
* Extra bedding for ultimate comfort.
* Hot water bottle (just in case)
* Slippers for the main house to relax in
If you are going surfing, please bring a beach towel with you and keep your towel provided by the property for use at the yoga retreat.
What is the start and finish time of the yoga surf retreat
Weekends: Start time is on the Friday from 4pm. Please do not arrive before then as we will not be ready and you will have to find something else to do until 4pm.
Finish time: Monday 10am
We can take you climbing or coasteering, to bring you all the adrenaline sports on and off the rocks! But it’s not all about the action on offer that made us choose this spot. The coastline around us is Cornwall at its best. There are miles & miles or coastal paths to explore, interesting little fishing villages and beautiful sandy coves to picnic and watch the waves roll in.
How to get there
Catch the train to Bodmin Parkway and then it is about 30 minutes in a taxi and costs about £30. We will try and group you together to keep the cost of the taxi down.
Friday-Monday: Out: 12.05 London Paddington arrives Bodmin Parkway 15.48.
Return: 11.19 Bodmin Parkway arrives London Paddington 15.21
For more details of our yoga retreats Cornwall venue, or to make a reservation please contact us, we’d love to hear from you.