Well-BeingYogi: Yoga retreats Gloucestershire UK
August bank holiday yoga retreat: 23rd – 26th August 2013 (3 nights)
For more info on this yoga retreat read our Gloucestershire faqs here
Yoga retreat venue
Elmore Court, as seen on Channel 4 documentary “Country House Rescue” and “Country House Re-visted” is a truly unique yoga retreat venue. Here at AY we pride ourselves on offering this to you, by carefully handpicking our venues with much research, thought and deliberation to give you the wow factor and an experience that takes you out of your day to day lives. And this yoga retreat venue is exceptional.
Elmore Court has been the seat of the Guise family for over 700 years. The house and grounds were established in the 13th century and have been expanded over the centuries. Please watch Country House Rescue for an insight to the property. Elmore Court is situated in the quiet village of Elmore, on a bend of the River Severn. The house is surrounded by extensive beautiful gardens and is the perfect place for a peaceful retreat. The house still remains a private residence of the Guise family so it retains a wonderful relaxed family atmosphere in a space so grand. They have recently invested a lot of time, money and love to renovate and refurbish the house for weddings and people like us for a wonderfully relaxing and luxurious weekend retreat.
On these well-being yoga retreats we encourage you to switch off your phones and switch off the mind, with a holistic massage treatment to soothe away any aches and pains and lots of yoga asana, pranayama and meditation to create the space that we crave in our busy lives. Enjoy afternoon walks to blow away the cobwebs and refresh body and mind or enjoy relaxing in the walled garden or in the drawing room and admire the depth of history the house has to offer.
To book or for more info contact us here
Lying in the heart of the stunning rolling hills of the Cotswolds, there are many beautiful walks to enjoy as soon as you step out of the front door. With shorter rambles through the woods and along the nearby river; to two hour hikes across the valley, there is lots of choice. There is also a wonderful 8mile biking route, which is a great way to explore the local area. So why not bring your bike! With The Guises on hand to guide you in the right direction and lots of local maps to use, there are many miles to discover on foot or on bike. Perfect for those who need a good dose of country spirit.
The accommodation has all been recently refurbished to a very high standard with a contemporary feel that also fits in with the elements of history that the owners don’t want to be forgotten, so you will be wrapped in luxury and comfort from the moment you walk through the great doors. Apart from the glorious and sumptuous master bedroom and master dressing room, all bedrooms have their own en-suite bathrooms. Join us for yoga in the great hall, with 16th century tapestries looking down at us and beautiful stained glass windows reflecting the suns rays. With lots of space feel nurtured, relaxed and awed in this historical space . Dine in fabulous comfort and grandeur in the dining room and then relax on the lawns that surround the house or in the walled garden under an apple tree.
For those guests who prefer to enjoy the gardens night and day, beautiful canvas tents are provided in the walled garden. Wake up to sunlight and the sound of birds in the trees around the Court!
Glamping in the warmer months
We are very excited to be able to offer a wonderful camping experience as an alternative to sleeping in the main house in the summer. Our other tents are natural canvas circular tents. They comfortably sleep couples, friends or families. Originally bell tents served as 19th century military tents, practical because they only have one central pole; which made them easier to transport. And because the central pole stands over 6 feet and the tents are spacious and airy. The walls are either partly or completely detachable, leaving a canopy from which to watch the world go by. All the bell tents come with natural coir matting, fairy lights and the option of a double real mattress with duvet, pillows and linen.
Please check the dates to see if your yoga retreat is 2 or 3 nights.
2 nights option in the house £325pp – £375pp
3 night option in the house £415pp – £475pp
Please note: Due to premium rates at bank holidays we are having to add an extra £30pp to the 3 nights price
- Master Bedroom*: glorious room with an enormous emperor size bed Perfect for a couple or two good friends: 2 nights with shared en-suite with master dressing room £375pp 3 nights £465pp
- Master Dressing Room*: fantastic large double room with shared en-suite with master bedroom:2 nights £375pp/3 nights £465pp
- Bachelor Room: Cosy double with en-suite: 2 nights £365pp/3 nights £445pp
- Time Room*: lovely large double with fine views and en-suite: 2 nights £365pp/3 nights £445pp
- North Room*: Fantastic twin or double room with en-suite: 2 nights £365pp/3 nights £430pp
- Oak Room: Stunning large double with 4 poster bed from 16th Century and copper free standing bath plus en-suite bathroom with fantastic views. Ideal for couples or friends wanting a real treat!: 2 nights £395/ 3 nights £495pp
- Pink Room: Small cosy double with en-suite: 2 nights £365pp/ 3 nights £430pp
- Porch dorm Room: huge 3 bed dorm with lots of sunshine and en-suite: 2 nights £325pp/3 nights £395pp
- The hole in the wall: A mini flat with double room and en-suite bathroom, separate from the other rooms a real escape: 2 nights £365pp/ 3 nights £445pp
* The North, Time, Master dressing room and master bedroom are all double rooms, however, they can all have a single bed added so 2 friends can share or 3 if you share the double! Please email to ask for prices according to your specifications.
2 or 3 night option in a luxury bell tent £295pp – £425pp (Summer only)
- Bell tents suitable for 2 friends on twin beds or a couple on a double: 2 nights £295pp/3 nights £395pp
- Bell tents for one person: 2 nights £325pp/3 nights £425pp
Price per person is based on two people sharing a room and depends on room type.
All rooms have en-suite bathrooms except the master bedroom and the dressing room and they share a bathroom.
*Special offer price* for couples or 2 friends happy to share a double bed: Master bedroom, master dressing room, bachelor, time, Oak and pink rooms: £100 discount for the second person making the price £365 master and master dressing room, £345 bachelor room, Time room, £395 Oak room and £330 pink room respectively* (this is the 3 nights stay prices)
If you wish to have a double room to yourself then there is a single supplement of £150.
A Typical Day
8:00AM: Silent walk in tranquil surrounding countryside
8:30-10:30 AM Morning yoga and meditation class
10.30 AM: Brunch of detox juices, granola and eggs
11:30-1:30PM: Massages and free time to read, explore and enjoy the beautiful surroundings.
1:30-2.30 PM Guided hilltop walk
2:30 PM: Healthy afternoon savory snack
3:00-5:00PM: More treatments to pamper yourself or free time
5:00 – 7:00PM Evening yoga and meditation class
7:15 PM: Delicious vegetarian feast
8.45 – 9.30PM: Yoga nidra before bed
So let the AdventureYogi team work their magic on you on their weekend retreats in the Gloucestershire countryside.
To book or find out more info contact us here.