AdventureYogi chef Charlotte Kjaer shares her delicious baked eggs recipe
Perfect for sharing at breakfast or brunch. Vegetarian and gluten free, this rustic recipe can also be modified with dairy free alternatives. Check out the video below!
– ½ lemon (zest and juice)
– 200g Greek yoghurt (or a dairy free alternative)
– 1 tsp smoked paprika
– 1 tsp paprika
– 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
– ½ tbsp coconut oil
– 200g Spinach
– 150g baby plum tomatoes, halved
– 4 eggs
– Salt and pepper (to taste)
– 1 tsp olive oil
– Chilli flakes (optional)
– Grate the zest of half a lemon into the Greek yoghurt. Add the juice of half a lemon and mix well. Sprinkle half the paprika mixture onto the yoghurt and set aside.
– Heat up the coconut oil in a skillet then add the garlic. Fry the garlic on a high heat for 1-2 minutes, until lightly browned.
– Add the spinach and mix well with the garlic. Once the spinach has wilted slightly, add the chopped tomatoes and fry for another 1-2 minutes. Drain any excess water.
– Make 4 holes in the skillet, and crack 1 egg into each hole. Add salt and pepper to taste. Continue cooking on a medium heat until the eggs have set.
– Drizzle a little olive oil onto the yoghurt mixture, then spoon onto the eggs. Add some more of the paprika mixture and a few chilli flakes. Serve immediately.