Lemon and Herb Tabbouleh Recipe
A Delicious Salad with Detoxing Benefits
(Serves 4 as a side dish)
– ½ punnet sweet cherry or piccolino tomatoes
– ½ red onion, finely diced
– ¼ cup flat leaf parsley roughly chopped
– ¼ cup coriander leaf, roughly chopped
– ¼ cup mint leaves, roughly chopped
– 3 or 4 tbsp quinoa, cooked al-dente or simply soaked over night
– Juice of one lemon
– Salt and pepper to taste
Half or quarter the tomatoes depending on size and add to a mixing bowl with the onion, salt, pepper and lemon juice. You can leave it now to sit and marinade if you have time. Just before you serve add the herbs and gently toss with the quinoa.
Served immediately or left to marinade, it is sublime just on its own or with a grilled piece of fish. I love it with grilled aubergine and a sprinkle of chilli.
Very simple and a great one if your fridge is looking a bit empty!
Benefits of Tabbouleh
Tomatoes contain a phytonutrient called lycopene which is known to protect tissue such as prostate, uterine and breast against hyperplasia and incorrect differentiation. Also known as cancerous.
Lemon, coriander and parsley are fabulous for the liver helping to detoxify damaging substances from the body so decreasing risk of various diseases.