Hiking and Yoga Retreat in the Lake District
|Ambleside, The Lake District|
|11 - 14th October 2018 (Thursday - Sunday, 3 nights)|
Enjoy an adventurous and refreshing activity-packed yoga retreat in this most awe-inspiring landscape with us!
Grab your walking boots and join us for a spectacular 3 night retreat at our luxurious Lake District accommodation. Awaken yourself with a course of energising and restorative Yoga practices with our Senior Yoga teacher, enjoy a hearty and healthy breakfast and then bundle up for a guided hike on the Friday to discover breath-taking and panoramic views of the Lakes with our qualified mountain guides.
On the Saturday, it is up to you- enjoy one of the many activities available in the area: hiking, kayaking, canoeing, mountain biking, horse riding, climbing, or perhaps visit Lake Windermere for the day? We also recommend getting cosy and enjoying the magnificent grounds, before treating yourself to an indulgent massage- it is your retreat, so it’s up to you!
Book this retreat
£445.00 – £645.00
We base our twin or double room prices on 2 people sharing a room. If you are coming by yourself and would prefer not to share, please choose a Single room.
About the yoga
Our classes in the Lake District are really special, with natural light coming in to the purpose built, high ceiling yoga shala.
Each yoga class is designed in response to the energetic needs of the group, and this is reflected in the overall pace and rhythm of the retreat. We ensure that the tone and dynamics of the classes are in harmony with the participants, the time of the day, and the temperature.
SuitabilityThis retreat is suitable for those who love more dramatic countryside experience, love hiking or being active. If you have never been hiking before that's ok, but just bring suitable clothing and be prepared to be active! Men and women are welcome as well as solo travelers, couples, and friends.
- All ages
- Men & Women
The retreat starts at 4pm on the Thursday with the first yoga class at 6pm and finishes at 12pm on Sunday.
- 7.30am: Hot lemon and ginger tea and protein snacks before yoga
- 8am - 10am: Morning yoga and meditation class to warm up the body ready for the hike
- 10am - 11am: Brunch of healthy energy boosting breakfast foods, porridge
- 11am - 12.30pm: Friday – get ready for a hike. Saturday – massage, free time at the venue or try another activity
- 12.30pm - 5pm: Friday guided hike with qualified mountain guides. Enjoy a packed lunch. Be ready for 12pm for departure at 12.15pm. Saturday enjoy a choice of optional activities; biking, climbing, horse riding, walking, or simply relax and enjoy a treatment
- 5.30pm - 7.30pm: Evening yoga, meditation and Yoga Nidra class
- 7.45pm: Delicious hearty and wholesome 2 course evening meal
- 9pm: Relaxation time
We make sure everything is included in this active yoga weekend in the Lake District
- Luxurious and cosy guest house accommodation in rural tranquillity
- 3 x 2 hrs of morning yoga practice which will energise and awaken sleepy bodies and a variety of types of meditation practice to calm the mind.
- 3x 2 hour evening yoga practices to unwind and calm with restorative practices, meditation and Yoga Nidra.
- 3 Delicious wholesome and hearty vegetarian/vegan brunch, 2 packed lunches and 3 delicious evening meal
- Guided afternoon hike with packed lunch and experienced and qualified guides in the Lake District National Park
- All Yoga equipment and spacious yoga studio
- Complimentary arrangement of shared taxi's if traveling by train
- Travel to and from the venue
- Treatments and extra activities
There are 13 luxury ensuite bedrooms in the main house with a choice of standard and superior suites which are freshly decorated in a traditional/contemporary style. Each room has a bath or walk in shower and crisp linen. The public rooms of the house are there for you to relax in. There’s always a quiet corner to stretch out in, and in the colder months a wood burning stove will keep you toasty warm. The house invites you to borrow their selection of books.
The nearest town to the retreat is Hawkshead in Cumbria which is about a 5 hour drive from London.
The nearest station is Windermere. It’s about 9 miles from the retreat. The journey from London is about 4 hours. We have recommended train times below. Please book these trains/or similar times if coming from a different direction, so that we can organise a taxi share for you and and save you some money. If trains are booked in advance the fares start at £47 return.
Recommended train times:
Depart: London Blackfriars 10.49.
Arrive: Windermere 14.39
Depart: Windermere 12.48.
Arrive: London Blackfriars 16.53
Tall John’s House
Single room: £575pp
Twin/double room: £475pp
Coachman’s Cottage: £545pp
Twin/double room: £445pp
We base our twin or double room prices on 2 people sharing a room. If you are coming by yourself, we have lots of luxurious single rooms with en-suite available at this venue.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have any availability?
Most retreat will show the availability on their specific page. If you are unsure or need to book for a larger group, you can always contact us before placing your order.
Whats the booking process like?
To reserve your space we ask for a £150 (UK) or £250 (abroad) deposit immediately, paid online on the page of the retreat you want to join, or over the phone by credit or debit card. We will then send you out your final invoice, your booking form and ask your room preference. We then ask you to pay the full amount 6 (UK) or 8 (abroad) weeks before the retreat or holiday. You can pay online, by bank transfer or Paypal but we add the 3.6% charge incurred by Paypal. Please call 01273 782734 to pay over the phone by debit or credit card. Two weeks before the retreat we will send you your welcome pack via email, and help you iron out any concerns you may have.
How do I pay for my retreat or holiday?
Firstly, pay your deposit online on the page of the retreat or holiday that you would like to book. We will send you a confirmation and your final invoice to pay. You can pay online by card, by bank transfer or Paypal but we add the 3.6% charge incurred by Paypal.
I haven’t done much yoga before, can I come?
We have designed our weekends and weeks for people who love yoga, whether they are beginners or have been practising for years. All our teachers are very experienced and are more than capable of adapting the classes to all levels. Our ethos is about being open & friendly, and we set up our business to spread the incredible word of yoga to people who perhaps wouldn’t have gone on a yoga retreat before. So don’t be shy, there is no time like the present to start your journey with yoga.
What is included in the price of a yoga holiday?
You will find everything included by looking under "what's included" tab on this page. If you have any particular request or requirements, feel free to contact us.
Do I have to attend all the Yoga sessions?
Of course not, we understand we all want different things. Our two-hour sessions normally also include meditation or mindfulness, so it's worth giving it a go.