Activities and Yoga – East Sussex
July 14th - 17th 2017 | From £427pp - £497pp Standard
|14/07/17 - 17/07/17||Rebecca Keenaghan||From £449pp|
Join us this summer at our retreat venue unique to AdventureYogi. We are here for 2 mid weeks and this weekend for a to and sunny yoga retreat! In Sussex we are surrounded by the High Weald, an area of outstanding natural beauty with lakes, walks, hills, cycle paths and bridleways. And only 1 hr from London! In summer it is the perfect time to get more active, the days are longer, the sun is shining and we feel more alive. On our active yoga retreats in Sussex enjoy a guided all day walk through rolling countryside. The next day, you can choose from horse riding, sailing or cycling or walking around Bewl Lake, the largest lake in the South East.
If you prefer you can relax by our outdoor swimming pool heated to 30 degrees, and sunbathe if the UK weather permits. Relax with a massage and with a combination of the yoga feel relaxed, energised and refreshed this summer.
The weekend begins from 5pm on Friday with time to settle in or go for a wander before the first yoga class at 6.00pm. Dinner will be served at 8pm. Saturday and Sunday follow the below schedule. The retreat ends at 12pm on the Monday afternoon following the morning schedule.
7.30am Hot lemon and ginger to awaken the senses (quick dip in the pool?!)
8am – 8.30am Silent walk in the peaceful and beautiful Sussex countryside.
8.30am- 10.30am Morning yoga and meditation class.
10.40am Brunch of healthy energy boosting breakfast foods, porridge.
11.30am – 12.30pm Saturday – get ready for a long walk. Sunday – massage, free time, try another activity
12.30pm – 5pm Saturday guided walk through the High Weald. Enjoy a packed lunch.
Sunday enjoy a choice of optional activities: biking, climbing, horse riding, walking, or simply
relax, enjoy a treatment, chill by the pool.
5.30pm – 7.30pm Evening yoga, meditation and yoga Nidra class.
7.45pm Delicious vegetarian feast.
Crow cottage has 2 twin rooms, one with en-suite and shower and the other with a separate bathroom with bath. Eww cottage has 1 twin with it’s own bathroom and a double with en-suite and shower. They both have a spacious living room and kitchen.
The calf shed cottage has 2 twin or double rooms with en-suite bathrooms, one with a shower and the other with a shower and bath.
How to get there
From London get onto the M25 and then exit onto the A21. It is then about 30 minutes drive from the M25. Once you have booked your place with us we will give you the exact address and postcode.
There are trains that run every hour from London Charing Cross, Cannon Street & Waterloo East and they take 1 hr and 10 minutes.
Please catch the recommended train times below and we will organise a taxi share for you.
Recommended train times:
Friday: Depart London Charing Cross 15.45. Arrive Stonegate: 16.55
Sunday: Depart Stonegate: 15.23. Arrive Charing Cross: 16.53
Monday: Depart Stonegate: 12.23. Arrive London Charing Cross 13.33
- 3 nights cosy cottage accommodation in the rural tranquillity surrounded by beautiful East Sussex countryside with views of the Wealden valley.
- Early morning hot water, lemon and ginger or herbal teas with nut snacks to boost energy levels pre-yoga.
- 3 x daily guided silent morning walk to the sunrise to wake up peacefully and slowly.
- 3 x 2-hour morning yoga practices to energise and awaken
- 3 delicious and wholesome veggie/vegan inspired breakfasts from one of our expert in-house chefs.
- A guided walk on Saturday afternoon around Bewl Lake for fresh air and activity.
- 3 fresh, warming and healthy vegan style lunch with a selection of salads and dressings.
- 3-hour evening yoga to unwind and calm with restorative practices, meditation and yoga Nidra.
- 3 hearty vegan evening meals with a selection of savoury and inspiring dishes plus a wheat, sugar and dairy free dessert.
- Private use of the outdoor heated pool to 30 degrees with stunning views of the Wealden Valley (May – October).
- All Yoga equipment.
- Helpful, friendly, experienced and knowledgeable AY staff to look after your every need to help you feel pampered and looked after on your yoga journey on this retreat.
Price: Not Included
- Extra activities, treatments and travel to and from the venue
We believe that our retreats should be nurturing in every way. So our Vitality Chefs will create tasty, healthy, vegetarian meals for you from local, seasonal produce. All of our food is gently detoxing and we cater to various dietary preferences. Our guests are always impressed by our creative, flavoursome dishes — that’s because the food is just as important to us as the yoga.
Things to do
We are in a hot spot for activities! We can arrange any of the below for you on Sunday if you desire:
We are very close to Bewl Water where you can use the facilities there. We do need to pre-book in advance as it is very popular destination for the locals.
Massage / holistic treatments
Our own highly experienced therapists are on hand to soothe away your aches and pains. Choose from an array of wonderful different massages, facials, reiki, depending on your retreat and therapists available. Prices: £38 for 30 minutes and £65 for 1 hour.
Come and join us at the home of AdventureYogi for one of our many yoga retreats in East Sussex. Only 1 hour from London and Brighton set in the stunning…More info
We have long awaited our very own retreat centre and now we have one! Our gorgeous venue in East Sussex. Escape to the beautiful Sussex countryside for a yoga weekend retreat in inspiring surroundings. We are there for the whole of March and November, half of July and weekends scattered throughout the year.More info
"Great! It was lovely to be practising yoga outside, I am not a young bunny and I found the pace manageable and involving and the background information clear."
Early bird – book 6 weeks in advance
£449pp – 4 days
£493pp – 4 days
A £150 deposit is required for this event, please select from the available dates above to secure your space.
After receiving deposit payment we will email for further information.