Activities and yoga – Hay on Wye
August 25th-28th 2017 | From £475pp - £565pp
|25/08/17 - 28/08/17||Corrina Levi||From £475pp|
Here at adventureYogi we love all environments and activities and so we had to be in the Brecon Beacons National Park for our activities and yoga retreats. These activity and yoga retreats are for everyone. Enjoy a guided hike on the Saturday with qualified guides and on Sunday simple relax at the retreat or if you are feeling active enjoy canoeing down the river Wye, horse riding or visit hay on Wye and peruse the book shops. We have been running these retreats since 2009 and have created the perfect balance for your active yoga retreat experience.
7.30am: Hot lemon and ginger tea and protein snacks before yoga.
8am-10am: Morning yoga and meditation class.
10am-11am: Brunch of healthy energy boosting breakfast foods, porridge.
11am-12.30pm: Saturday – get ready for hike. Sunday – massage, free time at the venue, try another activity.
12pm-5pm: Saturday guided hike with qualified mountain guides. Enjoy a packed lunch. Be ready for 12pm for departure at 12.15pm. Sunday enjoy a choice of optional activities: Biking, climbing, horse riding, walking, or simply relax and enjoy a treatment.
5pm: Saturday – Return from hike and relax. Sunday – Return home from afternoon activity.
6pm-8pm: Evening yoga, meditation and yoga nidra class.
8pm: Delicious vegetarian feast.
Our Hay on Wye retreat is a family owned stately home deep in the Welsh countryside. Originally owned by the major of Neath Vale, it is now owned by a family member. It has, in recent years been refurbished to a luxurious standard. It is one of our most luxurious venues so enjoy curling up by the open fire with a book or snooze the day away in your super cosy bedrooms.
How to get there
The nearest train station is Abergavenny and then it is a 40 minute taxi ride which costs £40. We recommend the below trains so that you all arrive at the same time in order to group you into taxi’s to keep the cost down.
Recommended train times
Friday: Depart – London Paddington: 12.45
Arrive – Abergavenny: 15.27
Monday: Depart – Abergavenny: 11.58
Arrive – London Paddington: 15.11
We will give you directions in the welcome letter once you book. The retreat 40 minutes from Abergavenny, 40 minutes from Hereford and 20 minutes from Builth Wells.
To do our bit for the environment we encourage car share with guests. Once you have booked onto the retreat we ask those of you who are driving to offer a seat for someone who may have otherwise traveled by train. This alleviates our carbon footprint and makes it more fun for everyone.
- 3 nights in luxurious accommodation in the rural tranquility surrounded by beautiful Welsh countryside in privately owned stately home.
- Housekeeper to make beds during morning yoga, empty bins, clean bathrooms light fires if necessary.
- Early morning hot water and lemon or herbal teas with nut snacks to boost energy levels pre yoga.
- 1 guided silent morning walk on Monday to wake up peacefully and slowly.
- 2 x 2 hour morning yoga practice Saturday and Sunday which will energise and awaken sleepy bodies and a variety of types of meditation practice to calm the mind.
- 1 x 1 hour yoga class on departure morning on the Monday.
- 3 delicious and wholesome veggie/vegan inspired breakfasts from one of our expert in house chefs.
- A days guided hike on Saturday afternoon with qualified and experienced guides to some of the most beautiful parts of the Brecon Beacons National Park.
- 1 x healthy packed lunch for the hike on the Saturday with a drink.
- 1 x option of either healthy lunch on the Sunday if staying at the retreat or a packed lunch if out adventuring.
- 3 x 2 hour evening yoga to unwind and calm with restorative practices, meditation and yoga nidra.
- 3 x hearty vegan evening meals with a selection of savoury and inspiring dishes plus a wheat, sugar and dairy free dessert.
- All Yoga equipment.
- Helpful and friendly AY staff to look after your every need, to help book activities on the Sunday afternoon and to help you feel pampered and looked after.
Price: Not Included
- Travel to and from the venue.
- Treatments are £38 for 30 minutes and £65 for 1 hour.
We believe that our retreats should be nurturing in every way. So our Vitality Chefs will create tasty, healthy, vegetarian meals for you from local, seasonal produce. All of our food is gently detoxing and we cater to various dietary preferences. Our guests are always impressed by our creative, flavoursome dishes — that’s because the food is just as important to us as the yoga.
Maryanne has been vegetarian/vegan since she was twelve years old and since then has made…View Maryanne's profile
Things to do
We are in a hot spot for activities!
There’s walking, hiking, kayaking, canoeing, mountain biking, horse riding and climbing. We can arrange any of the above. Or just relax and visit Hay on Wye.
Biking and cycling:
There are many spectacular rides throughout the park allowing for different abilities. We can help you plan a route or go to http://www.breconbeacons.org for ideas. Half day bike hire is approximately £20 .
If you want to do more hiking on the Sunday, then this can be arranged. You can go for another half day hike from 1.30pm – 5.30pm with a guide.
You could explore the River Wye in a canoe if you fancy it. A canoe for 2 for half a day is about £35.
Whether you are an experienced horse rider or you have never tried it before we have something for everyone. A trek for half a day is about £35. Enjoy trotting or galloping through private fields and bridal ways with stunning views of the beautiful Welsh countryside.
Massage / holistic treatments
Our own highly experienced therapists are on hand to soothe away your aches and pains. Choose from an array of wonderful different massages, facials, reiki, depending on your retreat and therapists available.
Prices: £38 for 30 minutes and £65 for 1 hour.
Join us in Wales, in the county of Breconshire where we hold yoga retreats in two different venues. They are both nestled into the Brecon Beacons National Park, so that…More info
Our Welsh yoga retreat is set in the stunning Black Mountains in a renovated farmhouse with luxurious accommodation and beautiful gardens. Really spoil yourself at this sumptuous pad, a wonderful place to relax, unwind, and to break free from the busyness of everyday life.More info
"This AdventureYogi retreat was a very special, nurturing and tranquil experience, Rebecca is an excellent yoga teacher, and a really wonderful venue. Lovely, easy going group of people to share a few days with."
From £475pp – £565pp
A £150 deposit is required for this event, please select from the available dates below to secure your space.
After receiving deposit payment we will email for further information.