Activities and yoga – Hay on Wye
August 25th-28th 2017 | From £475pp - £565pp
Here at adventure yogi we love all environments and activities and so we had to be in the Brecon Beacons National Park for our activities and yoga retreats. Michelle the founder, being half Welsh and spending her university days at Swansea has a real love for this region. These activity and yoga retreats are a high energy retreat – be prepared for a challenging hike on the Saturday. We work with qualified mountain guides and they will gauge the group’s level so don’t be scared that you won’t be able to keep up – but prepared to be challenged a bit too. They will lead us over hills and mountains, alongside rivers and waterfalls, to be able enjoy the breathtaking views of the Brecon Beacons. We have been running these retreats since 2009 and have created the perfect balance for your active yoga retreat experience.
Sunday can either be a day of rest to make the most of the gorgeous house and grounds that you are staying and have a treatment; or be active again and try out kayaking down the river Wye, horse riding or take a visit to Hay on Wye.
7.30am: Hot lemon and ginger tea and protein snacks before yoga.
8am-10am: Morning yoga and meditation class.
10am-11am: Brunch of healthy energy boosting breakfast foods, porridge.
11am-12.30pm: Saturday – get ready for hike. Sunday – massage, free time at the venue, try another activity.
12pm-5pm: Saturday guided hike with qualified mountain guides. Enjoy a packed lunch. Be ready for 12pm for departure at 12.15pm. Sunday enjoy a choice of optional activities: Biking, climbing, horse riding, walking, or simply relax and enjoy a treatment.
5pm: Saturday – Return from hike and relax. Sunday – Return home from afternoon activity.
6pm-8pm: Evening yoga, meditation and yoga nidra class.
8pm: Delicious vegetarian feast.
To prepare for the activities in the day the yoga in the morning will be a more dynamic practice (to suit all levels) to warm up and energise. The evening sessions are a more gentle and restorative class after a day of adventure to help wind down, soothe body and mind and release tension.
Corrina started practising yoga when she was a child and developed an interest in healthy vegetarian cooking when she was 14. Towards the end of…View Corrina's profile
We believe that our retreats should be nurturing in every way. So our Vitality Chefs will create tasty, healthy, vegetarian meals for you from local, seasonal produce. All of our food is gently detoxing and we cater to various dietary preferences. Our guests are always impressed by our creative, flavoursome dishes — that’s because the food is just as important to us as the yoga.
Maryanne has been vegetarian/vegan since she was twelve years old and since then has made…View Maryanne's profile
Massage / Holistic Treatments
Our own highly experienced therapists are on hand to soothe away your aches and pains. Choose from an array of wonderful different massages, facials, reiki, depending on your retreat and therapists available.
Prices: £38 for 30 minutes and £65 for 1 hour.
Things to do
We are in a hot spot for activities!
There’s walking, hiking, kayaking, canoeing, mountain biking, horse riding and climbing. We can arrange any of the above. Or just relax and visit Hay on Wye
How to get there
The nearest train station is Abergavenny and then it is a 40 minute taxi ride which costs £40. We recommend the below trains so that you all arrive at the same time in order to group you into taxi’s to keep the cost down.
Recommended Train Times
Depart – London Paddington: 12.45
Arrive – Abergavenny: 15.27
Depart – Abergavenny: 11.58
Arrive – London Paddington: 15.11
We will give you directions in the welcome letter once you book. The retreat 40 minutes from Abergavenny, 40 minutes from Hereford and 20 minutes from Builth Wells.
To do our bit for the environment we encourage car share with guests. Once you have booked onto the retreat we ask those of you who are driving to offer a seat for someone who may have otherwise traveled by train. This alleviates our carbon footprint and makes it more fun for everyone.
- 3 nights in luxurious accommodation in the rural tranquility surrounded by beautiful Welsh countryside in privately owned stately home.
- Housekeeper to make beds during morning yoga, empty bins, clean bathrooms light fires if necessary.
- Early morning hot water and lemon or herbal teas with nut snacks to boost energy levels pre yoga.
- 1 guided silent morning walk on Monday to wake up peacefully and slowly.
- 2 x 2 hour morning yoga practice Saturday and Sunday which will energise and awaken sleepy bodies and a variety of types of meditation practice to calm the mind.
- 1 x 1 hour yoga class on departure morning on the Monday.
- 3 delicious and wholesome veggie/vegan inspired breakfasts from one of our expert in house chefs.
- A days guided hike on Saturday afternoon with qualified and experienced guides to some of the most beautiful parts of the Brecon Beacons National Park.
- 1 x healthy packed lunch for the hike on the Saturday with a drink.
- 1 x option of either healthy lunch on the Sunday if staying at the retreat or a packed lunch if out adventuring.
- 3 x 2 hour evening yoga to unwind and calm with restorative practices, meditation and yoga nidra.
- 3 x hearty vegan evening meals with a selection of savoury and inspiring dishes plus a wheat, sugar and dairy free dessert.
- All Yoga equipment.
- Helpful and friendly AY staff to look after your every need, to help book activities on the Sunday afternoon and to help you feel pampered and looked after.
Price: Not Included
- Travel to and from the venue.
- Treatments are £38 for 30 minutes and £65 for 1 hour.
Join us in Wales, in the county of Breconshire where we hold yoga retreats in two different venues. They are both nestled into the Brecon Beacons National Park, so that…More info
Our Welsh yoga retreat is set in the stunning Black Mountains in a renovated farmhouse with luxurious accommodation and beautiful gardens. Really spoil yourself at this sumptuous pad, a wonderful place to relax, unwind, and to break free from the busyness of everyday life.More info
"This AdventureYogi retreat was a very special, nurturing and tranquil experience, Rebecca is an excellent yoga teacher, and a really wonderful venue. Lovely, easy going group of people to share a few days with."
From £475pp – £565pp
A £150 deposit is required for this event, please select from the available dates below to secure your space.
After receiving deposit payment we will email for further information.