Midweek Retreat – East Sussex
November | Early Bird From £294.30pp
If you have a week off work and are stuck for something to do, need to get away, or are self-employed and can take the mid-week off or work weekends or shifts, or you are a mum (or dad!) and need a break but don’t want to interfere with your weekend family plans…this is perfect for you! These mid-week yoga retreats are from Tuesday – Thursday, come and retreat with us.
On our mid-week yoga retreats in East Sussex be prepared to switch off, let go and give permission to yourself to totally relax – even in the mid-week! You have chosen this well-being mid-week retreat to gift yourself some much deserved down time. It is time to nourish every cell in your body and mind. Allow the retreat venue to hold you in a safe space to start to unwind. Let the food nourish your being, gently cleansing you from the inside by removing the daily excess of toxins that it is all too easy to consume when we are on the move. Allow the yoga from our team of expert yoga teachers help you connect to your inner and most true being to show you where you are – in this moment. Slow down, let go, unwind, relax.
We offer an afternoon walk on the Wednesday around Bewl Lake and on Thursday you can relax and enjoy a treatment, lunch and then head off home. In winter curl up in the cosy living rooms and read a great book or have a snooze. In summer relax by the outdoor heated pool, take a swim or just enjoy the uninterrupted views of the High Weald. Enjoy a massage from one of our expert in-house therapists or just take the time to rest and just be.
7.30am: Hot lemon and ginger tea with protein snacks pre-yoga.
8am – 8.30am: Silent walk in the tranquil surrounding countryside.
8:40am – 10:40am: Morning yoga and meditation class.
10.40am: Healthy nutritious veggie brunch.
11:30am – 12.30pm: Relax time (enjoy a swim in the summer months in the outdoor pool).
12.30pm – 2.30pm Wednesday: Enjoy a walk around Bewl Water or elsewhere
11.30am – 2.30pm Thursday: Free time or massage then lunch at 2.30pm and departure after this.
3pm – 5.30pm: Treatment time or free time.
5.30pm – 7.30pm: Evening yoga and meditation class.
7:30pm: Delicious vegetarian feast.
The yoga retreat starts from 3pm on Tuesday, with the first yoga class starting at 5pm. The first dinner is at 7pm. Wednesday and Thursday follow the above schedule and the retreat finishes at 4pm on Thursday after an invigorating walk and lunch to send you on your way.
Crow cottage has 1 twin room with own separate bathroom and 1 double en-suite. Ewe cottage has 2 twin rooms, one with an ensuite shower and the other with it’s own separate bathroom.
The Calf Shed cottage has beautiful en-suite bathrooms, one with a shower and the other with a shower and bath. Both rooms can be a twin or a double.
How to get there
From London get onto the M25 and then exit onto the A21. It is then about 30 minutes drive from the M25. Once you have booked your place with us we will give you the exact address and postcode.
There are trains that run every hour from London Charing Cross, Cannon Street & Waterloo East and they take 1 hr and 10 minutes.
Please catch the recommended train times below and we will organise a taxi share for you.
Recommended train times:
Tuesday: Depart London Charing Cross 14.15. Arrive Stonegate: 15.26
Thursday: Depart Stonegate: 16.18. Arrive Charing Cross: 17.40
- 2 nights cosy cottage accommodation in the rural tranquillity surrounded by beautiful East Sussex countryside with views of the Wealden valley.
- Early morning hot water, lemon and ginger or herbal teas with nut snacks to boost energy levels pre-yoga.
- 2 daily guided silent morning walk to the sunrise to wake up peacefully and slowly.
- 2 x 2-hour morning yoga practices to energise and awaken.
- 2 delicious and wholesome veggie/vegan inspired breakfasts from one of our expert in-house chefs.
- A guided walk on Wednesday afternoon around Bewl Lake for fresh air and activity.
- 2 fresh, warming and healthy vegan style lunches with a selection of salads and dressings.
- 2-hour evening yoga to unwind and calm with restorative practices, meditation and Yoga Nidra.
- 2 hearty vegan evening meals with a selection of savoury and inspiring dishes plus a wheat, sugar, dairy free dessert.
- Private use of the outdoor heated pool with stunning views of the Wealden Valley (May – October).
- All yoga equipment.
- Helpful, friendly, experienced and knowledgeable AdventureYogi staff to look after your every need to help you feel pampered and looked after on your yoga journey on this retreat.
Price: Not Included
- Travel to and from the venue, treatments and extra activities.
We believe that our retreats should be nurturing in every way. So our Vitality Chefs will create tasty, healthy, vegetarian meals for you from local, seasonal produce. All of our food is gently detoxing and we cater to various dietary preferences. Our guests are always impressed by our creative, flavoursome dishes — that’s because the food is just as important to us as the yoga.
Good food and balanced nutrition have always been an integral part of Charlotte’s life. Growing…View Charlotte's profile
Things to do
If you would like to do something on Thursday you can:
- Walk around Bewl Water.
- Go horse riding.
- Hire a bike and cycle along the bridleways.
We can arrange these things for you.
Massage / Holistic Treatments
Our own highly experienced therapists are on hand to soothe away your aches and pains. Choose from an array of wonderful different massages, facials or Reiki, depending on your retreat and therapists available.
Prices: £38 for 30 minutes and £65 for 1 hour.
Come and join us at the home of AdventureYogi for one of our many yoga retreats in East Sussex. Only 1 hour from London and Brighton set in the stunning…More info
We have long awaited our very own retreat centre and now we have one! Our gorgeous venue in East Sussex. Escape to the beautiful Sussex countryside for a yoga weekend retreat in inspiring surroundings. We are there for the whole of March and November, half of July and weekends scattered throughout the year.More info
"The farm at East Sussex was beautiful, peaceful and a countryside haven."