Sunshine and yoga – Sri Lanka
12th – 21st February / 24th February – 5th March 2017 | From £1195pp
In the winter months in the northern hemisphere there is no better place to escape to than Sri Lanka for our sunshine and yoga holidays. Running since 2013, we have explored the whole island and the local area where we run our yoga holidays and created the best winter sun escape for you.
The location of our Sri Lanka holidays is Bentota, on the south west coast 2 hours from Colombo. An idyllic destination with stunning beaches, it’s a tropical paradise. Here you can surf, dive or chill with the friendly locals on the beach; or explore the markets, the buddhist temples or enjoy a river cruise.
Our schedule is the right balance of activity and relaxation, allowing you to settle in for a few days and then explore the country. You can join in with the group as much or as little as you like. If you need your own space, then do what you need to make your holiday the best experience it can be. If you feel like a lazy day, stay by the infinity pool in the pavilion gardens of our accommodation.
7am – 8.30am – Yoga with the sunrise
8.30am – Delicious breakfast served in the pavilion
9am – The day is yours to explore the beach, the towns, the markets, enjoy excursions, have treatments and more.
4.30pm – 6pm – Evening yoga class
7.30pm – 3 course evening meal
Our luxurious accommodation was formerly the colonial residence of Bentota’s Ayurvedic doctor before being transformed into a beautiful 6 bedroom boutique hotel. It is a beautiful 150 year old restored Dutch Colonial Villa. The property is set in 4 acres of lush garden that teems with wildlife, birds and plants selected originally for their medicinal properties. The garden also houses a beautiful fresh water swimming pool and stunning pavilion where meals are taken. It is located on the west coast of Sri Lanka, 1.5 hours from the airport and just 15 minutes from the wide sandy beaches of Bentota. These are beautiful beaches and have been voted one of the top 10 beaches of the world. There is the option to surf here as well. Yoga will take place in the pavilion gardens in the morning and evening.
We offer two yoga sessions each day, one morning and one early evening with Wenche who is our Senior yoga teacher and very much loved with AdventureYogi guests. She takes you on a journey that will release, soften and inspire. Each day is varied to ensure you have a truly relaxing experience, following an easy yogic flow.
Wenche Krag Beard
Born in Norway, Wenche (pronounced Venca) is a global yogini with a wanderlust Soul living and breathing her love for yoga and life. Wenche headed…View Wenche's profile
We will be fully catered for by the Villa’s Sri Lankan staff so be prepared to be wowed by their local flair. They are very approachable and hospitable and really take care of our groups. Brunch, afternoon tea and 3 course evening dinner is included in the price, and each day, according to what is fresh in the market that day, will be the cuisine of the day. Although a vegetarian holiday, due to being close to the sea, expect some locally caught fish for those who would like it.
Wenche is also a healer, reiki master and energy healer. Her treatments are life changing and well known and loved by all who have experienced them. For a 1 hour treatment it is £65 and for 2 hours it is £110
Things to do
There is plenty to do in the surrounding area of where we stay:
- Spend the day relaxing on the extensive and beautiful beach Bentota that we will get to by bike, tuk tuk or if you like by one of the villa’s many morris minors!
- Visit the famous Sri Lankan architect Bawa’s house and gardens at Lunganga House.
- Take a visit local to our venue to the Buddhist temples.
- Visit the fruit and vegetable market at Bentota.
- Enjoy a cooking lesson Sri Lankan style with our in house local chefs.
- Half or full day river cruise.
- Snorkel at Hikkadua beach.
- Enjoy an Ayurvedic or deep tissue massage.
We will send a price list out once you have booked with all these activities so that you can start to dream about and plan your Sri Lanka adventure.
We highly recommend, if you can take the time off, to extend your trip to 14 days, and book a 3 night tour post the yoga holiday.
No-one can prepare you for how amazing Sri Lanka is and how much there is to see, so 3 nights can give you the opportunity to go inland to the cultural triangle. If you would like to do this we can assist by helping suggest places to visit and organising it for you.
How to get there
The Airport you need to fly into is Bandaranaike International Airport, in Sri Lanka (CMB)
Depart: London Heathrow 20.05 on 11th/23rd February – Arrive Colombo 17.50 on 12th/24th February
Return: Colombo 20.35 on 21st February/5th March – Arrive 05.55 London Heathrow on 22nd February/6th March
Depart: London Gatwick 20.25 on 11th/23rd February – Arrive Colombo 18.05 on 12th/24th February
Return: Colombo 22.05 on 21st February/5th March – Arrive London Gatwick 06.40 on 22nd February/6th March
Transfers are included in the price if you arrive before 6.15pm on either the 12th February or 24th February so that you can meet up with the transfer. Or alternatively arrive the day before, have a stop over in or on the beach outside of Colombo and pick up the transfer with everyone else at the allotted time. Lots of people enjoy arriving a day early to give them a chance to overcome the jetlag.
Transfers for the return journey will either be for a morning 7.40am flight, or the 8.35pm/10.05pm flight from Colombo.
For Sri Lanka, please go to: www.eta.gov.lk – They cost about £20 and are very easy to do online.
- Exclusive use of luxurious boutique hotel accommodation.
- Transfers to and from the airport on our recommended flight times.
- A choice of double, twin, or single rooms with en-suite beautiful outdoor bathrooms.
- 3 hours of yoga a day 1.5 hrs morning and evening.
- Private outdoor swimming pool.
- A wholesome breakfast for 9 mornings of western or Sri Lankan style.
- 8 evenings of delicious Sri Lankan style 3 course meals (1 meal out).
- Afternoon tea at 3pm each day.
- Fresh mineral water available throughout your stay – just ask!
- Day trip to the beautiful Portuguese/Dutch city of Galle in private chauffeur driven mini bus with your yoga teacher as your guide, stopping off at popular Hikkadua beach for sunset and a swim.
- Turtle Sanctuary sunset trip.
- Trip to local Buddhist temple, the largest one on the South West and meet the Temple elephant.
- Final evening of Yoga on the beach followed by a live band and non-alcoholic or alcoholic cocktail.
- Assistance with organising excursions and activities, including diving, surfing, the elephant sanctuary, waterfall etc.
- AdventureYogi team and fantastic Sri Lankan staff to look after your every need.
Price: Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Lunches and any drinks
- 1 evening meal (the group will go out for one evening meal throughout the 10 days).
Escape to the sunshine on this winter sun yoga holiday by the ocean in beautiful Sri Lanka. Explore temples, relax on sandy beaches and revitalise with yoga in the warmth.…More info
"Every person was made to feel special and valued as part of the yogi group. This I feel is down to the extraordinary people skills of Wenche and Michelle."
"Sri Lanka has awakened something in me and I feel amazing. Thank you so much Wenche for being such an inspirational teacher."
"Sri lanka AdventureYogi is a wonderful opportunity to unwind and explore the inner world in a beautiful setting."
"I have fallen in Love with Sri Lanka and can not pick one single fault in the accommodation; it was 5 star in every single way. I was in my element with the food – curry for breakfast! It all exceeded my expectations… the food, the rooms, the yoga, and the little touches like the flowers on the sun beds and the bell on the gate made it very special."
5 / 5 stars
A £250 deposit is required for this event, please select from the available dates below to secure your space.
After receiving deposit payment we will email for further information.