Wellbeing and Yoga – Thrupp, Oxfordshire
April | June | August | September 2017 | From £397pp
On our wellbeing and yoga retreat in Thrupp, Oxfordshire be prepared to switch off, let go and give permission to yourself to totally relax. Situated alongside one of the Oxfordshire canal routes, Thrupp is a pretty and thriving village. The manor house was originally built in the 17th century and has recently been refurbished for a clean, cosy and spacious feel.
On Saturday or Sunday, take time to sit and relax in the sunshine of the walled garden or take a wander along the canal and visit the tea rooms for a herbal tea. If you are feeling adventurous take a canoe and paddle down the canal or hire a canal boat for the afternoon! Explore the local surroundings and enjoy being in the countryside away from the frenetic pace of life in your day to day. Enjoy a massage from one of our expert in-house therapists or just take time to rest and just be.
We have been running our wellbeing yoga retreats since 2008 so let our teams of highly trained chefs and yoga teachers lead you to pure relaxation and contentment. These are the key elements to our WellbeingYogi weekends.
8am-8.25am: Silent walk in tranquil surrounding countryside.
8:40am-10:40am: Morning yoga and meditation class.
10.40am: Healthy nutritious veggie brunch.
11:30am- 3pm: Massage & free time: Explore the waterway, go for a walk or try taking out a canoe!
3pm: Healthy light lunch.
3:30pm-5:30pm: More treatments to pamper yourself or free time.
5:30pm-7:30pm: Evening yoga and meditation class.
7:45pm: Delicious vegetarian feast.
Start and finish times
The yoga retreat starts from 4pm on the Friday, with the first yoga class starting at 6pm. For 2 night yoga retreats, we finish at 3pm on the Sunday, after a light lunch to send you on your way. For 3 nights yoga retreats we finish at 12pm on the Monday after the usual morning schedule until after breakfast.
The rooms at our Manor house retreat are beautifully and newly decorated to a high standard. They are cosy and spacious and have views of the Oxfordshire waterways.
The house has a cosy and welcoming living room and open fire for the winter months and a large spacious yoga room flooded with light and views of the walled garden.
On a 3 night retreat there would be x 3 of everything:
- 2 x Nights accommodation in the rural tranquility surrounded by beautiful Oxfordshire countryside in privately owned stately home.
- 2 x Early morning hot water and lemon or herbal teas with nut snacks to boost energy levels pre yoga.
- 2 x Daily guided silent morning walk to the sunrise to wake up peacefully and slowly.
- 2 x 2 hour morning yoga practice which will energise and awaken sleepy bodies and a variety of types of meditation practice to calm the mind.
- 2 x Delicious and wholesome veggie/vegan inspired breakfasts from one of our expert in house chef.
- A guided walk on Sunday afternoon for an hour in the beautiful Oxfordshire countryside.
- 2 x Fresh, warming and healthy vegan style lunches with a selection of salads and dressings.
- 2 x 2 hour evening yoga practice to unwind and calm with restorative practices, meditation and yoga nidra.
- 2 x Hearty vegan evening meals with a selection of savoury and inspiring dishes plus a wheat, sugar and dairy free dessert.
- All Yoga equipment.
- Helpful and friendly AY staff to look after your every need to help you feel pampered and looked after.
Price: Not Included
- Travel to and from the venue.
We believe that our retreats are nurturing in every way. Our Vitality Chefs will create tasty, healthy, vegetarian meals for you from local, seasonal produce. All of our food is gently detoxing and we cater to various dietary preferences. Our guests are always impressed by our creative, flavoursome dishes — that’s because the food is just as important to us as the yoga.
Massage / holistic treatments
Our own highly experienced therapists are on hand to soothe away your aches and pains. Choose from an array of wonderful different massages, facials, reiki, reflexology and acupuncture depending on your retreat and therapists available.
Prices: £38 for 30 minutes and £65 for 1 hour
For a relaxing and sumptuous yoga weekend retreat join us in Oxfordshire. Only 1 hour from London and with easy access from the midlands and the north, it is a…More info
A gorgeous country pad alongside a picturesuqe waterway, one of Oxfordshire's many canals. Experience a relaxing weekend in a calmly bustling village.More info
£397pp – £495pp
Special Offer! £50 OFF April 28th – May 1st retreat!
A £150 deposit is required for this event, please select from the available dates above to secure your space.
After receiving deposit payment we will email for further information.